Welcome to the Essentials of Correctional Nursing Blog! This resource has over 200 posts discussing every dimension of correctional nursing practice and compliments the content found in the book – Essentials of Correctional Nursing.
Although the authors are no longer adding posts to the blog, those created from 2012-2016 remain relevant for your practice. Here are a few categories to help you navigate the archives.
- Assessment – Intake Assessment, Emergency Assessment, Clinical Judgement and more
- Certification – Options, Preparation, Taking the Exam
- Dental – Triage, Assessment, Medical Conditions
- Juveniles – Physical Development, Psycho-social Development
- Medication – Managing Medication Line, Reconciliation, Contraband, Safety, and much more.
- Mental Health – Assessment and Clinical Judgement
- Sick Call – Assessment, Protocols, Practices
- Withdrawal – Alcohol, Stimulants, Depressants
- Women’s Health – Pregnancy, Heart Disease, Eating Disorders, and more.
Use the search bar on the left sidebar for more specific blog searching.
If you are a regular blog reader, thank you for your support and participation. If you are a new visitor, we hope you find the information you need.